It’s been busy around my household but one thing I’m doing for sure is cooking. I’ve decided to post lunches I pack for my 27 months old son. Here’s his lunch/snack for the day.
Miso Soup with carrots, zucchini, broccoli stems, tofu & onions, water, apple sauce, 2 egg whites and mini rice balls with simmered enoki mushrooms.
Here are some pointers I try to keep in mind when I pack his lunch:
It’s getting warmer outside and stew season is almost over but this one is not too rich and I decided to jot down the recipe.
Coconut Water Chicken
8 Chicken thighs (bone-less/skin removed)
3 Cups of Coconut water
2 1/2 in slices of Ginger
3 Tbsp Fish sauce
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
2 Cups of Carrots roughly diced
2 med sized Onions roughly diced
3 med sized Potatoes roughly diced
Salt & Pepper
Chopped Cilantro and Lemon Wedges for finishing touch
1. Chop each chicken thighs in to 4, salt & pepper lightly and sear the chicken on high heat
2. Place the chicken, onions, carrots, coconut water, ginger, fish sauce, and lemon juice in a pressure cooker
3. Place the pressure Cooker lid on and cook it on high heat until it start to whistle and lower the heat to med low and cook for 35 min.
4. Open the lid after removing the pressure and add the potatoes. Cook it for another 30 min under med. low heat until potatoes are cooked
5. Add 1 tsp of salt to adjust the taste or more if you like
6. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and serve with side of lemon wedges and steamed rice.
Hope everyone’s enjoying the holiday season. For Christmas Eve, I made Lobster chowder using Maine Live Lobsters. Perfect one dish festive food for a cold night.
Empire State Building on Christmas Eve.
For Christmas morning, I made pancake muffin with mixed berry sauce.
Presents are opened and enjoying the quiet Christmas morning with the family.🙂 Merry Christmas Everyone!
So as I promised, here’s my Thanksgiving post… but unfortunately, I TOTALLY didn’t have time to take pictures. Although, maybe that might be a sign that I was having too much fun to even think about taking pictures. In my mind… food was ok… (I gave myself B- for the effort). It’s not that it was bad… it just wasn’t special enough for me. Argh, I promise whoever joins us next year will get better food! Here are some instagram photos.
Delicious cheese spread… Thanks to Bryce!
One Perfect Bite!
A little peep of our spread… From top to bottom, Pork Shoulder, Willie Bird (Turkey) and Lobster Cocktail.
(Funny how this only shows proteins)
Here’s the leftover sandwich pic. Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!