Fantastic Summer Fruits!
Tonight’s dinner, I made Jambalaya topped with avocados. I used my creole seasoning. I have the creole seasoning made already so making Jambalaya is super easy and I used whatever vegetables I had in the fridge with Italian sweet sausage. For dessert, I cut up tons of watermelon. So sweet and juicy!
We had tons of ripe peaches in the fridge, so I made peach cake. I’ve used this recipe before with small tweaking each time with cherries, strawberries and apples. I think I finally perfected it. So check out the recipe below and let me know if you like it! It’s easy and great way to enjoy the summer fruits!
White Peach Cake [Peach can be substituted with any other fruit]
2 cups of Peaches
2/3 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of low fat or non fat Sour Cream
1/4 cup of room temperature butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup + 2 Tbsp of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
1. Place peaches in a greased, 9″ baking pan
2. Mix egg, sugar, sour cream, butter, and vanilla well
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Power wet mixture #2 in to the flour mixture and stir gently
4. Pour the batter evenly over the peaches in the baking pan
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until the cake is lightly brown at 350 degrees oven.