Hearty, Healthy and Delicious! My Kale Persimmon Salad Recipe
This is for those who tried and loved my Kale and Persimmon Salad. Try making it at home and let me know how it turned out!
The color is beautiful isn’t it?
Miss B’s Kale and Persimmon Salad
5-6 appetizer portion or 3 meal portion
1 cup of cooked Forbbidden Rice, room temperature
7 oz of Kale, stem removed (or large bowl full of kale)
juice from 1 lime or 1/2 a lemon
Pinch of salt
2 cups of diced red peppers (1/4″ squares) about 2 large red peppers
2 cups of diced firm fuyu persimmons (1/4″ squares) about 3 large or 4 small fuyus
2 cups of diced English cucumbers (1/4″ squares) about 1 English cucumbers with soft center removed
Scallion Ginger Dressing
1 bunch of scallions sliced in to 1/8″ rounds (about 7-8 scallions)
1/2 Tbsp grated ginger
2 Tbsp Sesame oil
3 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp crushed sesame seeds
Optional: 1/4 tsp shichimi peppers or dried chili pepper flakes
1. Slice kale in to 1/4″ ribbons. In a large bowl, massage lime or lemon juice and salt and set it aside for about 20 minutes.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix in all the scallion ginger dressing ingredients and set is a side (you can also make this a night before)
3. Dice red peppers, persimmons, and cucumber and place it in another bowl.
4. Wash and rinse lime and salt off of kale and spin dry in the salad spinner.
5. In a large bowl, place kale, diced red peppers, persimmons, forbidden rice and 1/4 cup of scallion ginger dressing. (or drizzle dressing slowly to how you like it) Toss it well… use your hands if you need to!
•Key to this salad is not the portion of the diced vegis you put in, but cutting the vegis in to similar small sizes so you can get all sorts of texture and vegis in one bite.
Here are some chickpea snacks I made on the side.
…and some baked sweet potatoes for dessert.