Home Baked Pita Bread
Yesterday, I had few hours to spare before heading to our friends house. So here’s what I made: Home Baked Pitas!
It was much easier than I anticipated.
If you never baked bread before, this is an easy starter baking.
Look how puffy and gorgeous it looks! and makes great pockets for sandwiches.
Here’s the recipe adapted from underthehighchair.com
Baked Pita Bread (Makes 10)
1 Tbsp yeast (1 packet)
1 ¼ cup warm water
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 ½- 3 cups flour
1. Place yeast & sugar in water for about 5 min. in a stand mixer bowl
2. Add salt & 1 ½ cups flour. Mix using a dough hook
3. Gradually add flour until dough forms a shape. Knead 8 min. until dough is smooth and elastic. Add more flour if it is too sticky
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface & divide into 10 balls
5. Flatten with a rolling-pin into 1/8 in. thick discs
6. Rest on the floured surface 40-50 min. Until slightly puffed
7. Preheat oven to 425F
8. On a baking sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden
I don’t think I’ll ever buy pita breads again! YUM!